Spice up the Christmas days with music bingo
Music bingo is a slower game than regular bingo, as there is time to recognize the song and finding the title on the board. It not important to know all the songs. It's bingo with no stress - and the idea is that you sing along and help each other during the game.
Here you will learn how to prepare and how to play the game.
HOW TO PREPARE
- On Spotify we have made a playlist called "Music Bingo". You can use this list freely. Find it here (See fig. 1)
- You can also make your own playlist. It must contain at least 60 songs.
- Go to this page, where you can make bingo boards from a playlist: https://osric.com/bingo-card-generator/ (yes, the page looks very simple, but it works!)
- Type in a title - the title will be on top of all bingo boards (See fig. 2)
- Copy all song titles into the field. If you use our playlist, you can easily copy all the titles of the songs. You find the titles here (a word document will be downloaded, when you click the link).
- Type in how many rows you want on the boards (See fig 3)
- Type in how many boards you need (See fig 3)
- When you press the button ”generate bingo cards”, you can find your bingo boards at the bottom of the page, and you can print them directly from the page (See fig 3)
HOW TO PLAY
- All players must have a bingo board
- Find your playlist and connect it to your speaker. Keep the phone close to you, so you can easily move on to the next song.
- All the players should have a pen to cross off songs or pieces to put on the fields as the songs are played.
- IMPORTANT: Choose ”shuffle” so the songs are played in a random order.
- The playlist is now playing. If you have the song being played on your board, mark it on the board.
- If you want, you can agree that you "only" listen to the song until the first chorus has been played and then you move on to the next song. Otherwise it will be a very long game.
- As in regular bingo, you can give out prices for 1 row, 2 rows and full board.
The game can be played by everyone and you can make your own playlist to they match the players.