Recipe for the best white gløgg
When December is here, there is no way around the hot Christmas drink. You can find it in many different variantions, but most people know the classic redwine gløgg. Gløgg is very common in the Nordic countries and in Germany.
In our home the favorite gløgg is this AMAZING white apple gløgg! It's very easy to make and both kids and adults can drink it.
The gløgg is alcohol free and can therefore be served for everyone.
If you want, you can add a splash of rum to your glass subsequently.
White gløgg - what you need
1,5 litres of ecological apple juice (unfiltered)
1 dl of ecological elderflower juice (undiluted)
2 tbsp. applecider vinegar
5 tbsp. cane sugar
10 cardamom capsules
1 cinnamon stick
5 star anise
Optional: Light rum
How to do it
- Pour apple juice, elderflower juice, applecider vinegar and spices in a pot and heat up slowly.
- As soon as it boils, take the pot off the heat and let the gløgg draw for about 1 hour.
- Sift the drink, so the spices are removed.
- Heat up the gløgg before serving.
- In the meantime the fresh apples are peeled and cut out in 5x5 mm dices.
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh apple dices are added to each cup, before you pour over the gløgg.
- Add a splash of light rum if you want.